



So...most of you know...but Saturday morning I was cooking mac and cheese with Eli's help and when I turned to drain the noodles he crawled across the stovetop. I instantly knew it was bad, so after brushing my teeth really fast we jumped in the car and headed to the doc. They got us in right away. Poor Eli was miserable...he was white from crying so hard and he was wreathing in pain the whole time. They ended up putting an anethseptic numbing gel on it and some silvadine cream, bandaging it and sending us home. He is on some heavy duty pain stuff too...He holds his hand up in the air no matter what he's doing...last night was rough...he cried through the night. Sunday we went back to the doc and they cut the blister, which was DISGUSTING, and this afternoon I changed the dressing myself...hence the nasty pic of his blisters. He is a trooper...and mommy is so so so sorry that I wasn't paying better attention. Tomorrow he has to go in and have the dead skin removed, which should be largely traumatic for all of us. EWWWWWwwwwww!
No comments:
Post a Comment