I've got an excuse!!! Its tax season, and I'm a week behind in everything important, so blogging is WAY backed up! But I have had a fabulous Saturday with the kids, and am hugely grateful that I was able to accomlish so much this morning. I pulled out my steamer and sanitized the bathrooms(seriously seriously overdue), did all the floors, the kitchen fridge, and shined the girls white runners just for good measure! I folded 8, yes 8, loads of laundry and put them away. My house looks like someone actually loves it, and it brings me the hugest sense of peace. Kenna sort of annoyingly asked me when we'd do something fun....to which I started singing the primary song "Saturday"....and then she echoed me singing 'its the day we do something fun with YOUR children!" Aghghghghghhhh.....I love this girl! So, I fed them lunch, and we headed to the mall for some no-real-plan fun. We scored some cute earrings for Kenna...got pretzels and cheese, and a orange julius to share while we walked. Talk about complete bliss!
I worked Thursday morning in the office, and I actually did my hair and makeup, wore a nice shirt...even some jewelry. My personal fashion consultant was very complimentary! I got home in time to do my workout...but slicked my hair back into my inch-long pony, put on a hoodie and sweats, and headed to Kenna's basketball game. On the way there...Kenna said, "mom I sure wish you'd try to look your best!" I laughed and asked what the problem was, if she didn't like my current outfit and she said, 'not so much!'
She has begged and begged me to re-pierce my ears so I could wear some jewelry...so last night I pushed the earring through the hole that hasn't been used since Kolbe was a baby. It burned!!! Nate stood in the doorway and watched confused, as I punished myself. I laughed the whole time...and we placed bets on when she'd notice. The only earrings I could find were little black sparkly ones of hers...which looked ridiculous. She noticed....she said, 'ewwwww, mom your ears must be oozing something black. it looks gross!' So much for my big effect! But, she was way excited to take me shopping for some simple hoops today!
Kolbe has been playing in a little b-ball league and his cousin Ethan is on his team. I was taking them to their game last week and listening to them talk in the back seat. Kolbe was telling Ethan that he never gets to start first...he always sits out first. And, I obviously couldn't resist the moment to tease him, so I said, 'that's cus you stink!' I watched him in the mirror and he got that funny half-faced smirk and said...'oh moth-her....you're encouragement is always SOOOOO helpful!' I almost wrecked I was laughing so hard.
Avery and Eli headed to mom/dad's Thursday night for a sleepover. Mom didn't have to teach Friday so this allowed me some work time Friday morning. Mom said that Avery is the most delightful child...so perfectly agreeable. I would have to agree! She is for the most part, such a happy, contented child. Easy to please....eager to smile....and I melt into her chocolate eyes every time!
And then there is Eli....I have learned that Heavenly Father sent us this child to remind us that life is supposed to be fun...that everything, if done right, can be fun. Here are just a few of my favorite events of THE LAST 2 DAYS!!! 1) Eli would be most happy naked. Most days its a real struggle to keep clothes on his little manly physique! We were water painting at the table, and he was only in his big-boy undies...and he pooched out his lips and starting sort of pli-ete(ballet:sp?)ing and a little pelvic thrust in there too...and I asked him what he was doing...He squinched up his eyes and pooched his lips again and said, 'dis is my weiny dance!' uh huh! Same day: 2) still in only his big-boys....he kept putting his hands down his britches. I was getting grossed out and I reminded him several times to stop...I got a little more annoyed with it...and so he stuck his hand in the little pocket part of his underwear. I said, 'dang it Eli, get your hands out of your underwear, its gross!" He said, 'mom....my hands not in my underwear, they in my weiny pocket!" Point taken, you win! I laughed so hard. 3) Again...same day, this time he HAD clothes on. We had parent teacher conferences. I sent the boys outside a few minutes before us, and came outside to see him in the middle of the school lawn with his pants around his ankles...going potty on the lawn! Whatever will I do with this child? He makes us giggle, and cry every day!
I can't figure out how to put the pictures in with the text....maybe a GOOD blogger would share their secret????
5 comments:
Way to go getting all your stuff done! You will have to let me know where you got your steamer, that sounds like something I would like to do :).
Your Kenna sounds a lot like my Annie(she will by 8 next month). She always asks me why I don't wear much jewelry or makeup. I need to get potty training my little Carter, I am sure he will be running around doing exactly what Eli is!
I love your little Eli comments. They brighten my day! Kenna is going to be a fashion-pro before she's 8! Good luck!
Yeah for cleaning the house!! Not really but we have to do it I love a clean house. SOund like you guys are keeping busy!! thanks for the update!!
to put text with your picture all you do is double click under the picture and you'll see the curser and then you can add text.
I still want a steamer at some point in my life...you still sell them?
Glad to hear that your family is just as normal as mine! I need to to 8 loads of laundry, but I hate doing it! Want to come over?
go julie... go julie!!
good luck with the taxes. I guess they are getting clos eot be over. or are they over? I forget. we do ours in jan. as soon as we get our forms. anyway good to see a post from you! I was waondering where you went;)
Post a Comment