Friday, March 6, 2009
dEATH by BasKETbaLl
uGH.......so, for the first time since I graduated from highschool(sshhhhh....its been almost 13 years) I decided it would be a good idea to play basketball. A friend from Simms that I played against in highschool and her husband have asked us a couple times to come play co-ed ball with them. Apparently its their Friday night 'date'. Well, since MY Friday night date(if there ever was one) consisted of EATING....this was a little intimidating to me. Not that I claim to have been awesome in highschool, because I wasn't....but I was and AM super competitive. So, tonight I conceded, to my husband's great amusement! Seriously....I had to HUNT for a sports bra! I played two games, which was about an hour....my chest aches still, and I'm sure I'll be super super sore tomorrow...but it was SO FUN! I want to do it again! I saw a few glimpses of the old me....and was decently pleased with my chubby, out-of-shape self....right until I pump faked, and went to swing the ball over top to step through for a lay-up....and TOTalLy clobbered my good friend Tami with an elbow to the nose. No blood...but, dang it!!!! Nate said, "I wouldn't have necessarily have led with my elbow in pick-up ball...."......like, someone who hasn't played in 13 years has CONTROL over what they were doing! But 46 apologies later...her nose is swollen and I still feel bad...but I am SUPER excited to play again. I would even consider making it 'date night!'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
too funny! i would have loved to watch this! i bet nathan laughed his can off! great post!
I'm so impressed! I never could play basketball, except maybe horse!
Post a Comment