Thursday, April 9, 2009

$3 bucks....

I even let the girls paint them, so they thought mom was 'fun' and letting them do a messy art and craft project! Works for me!!!


So, I realize they're not for everyone, and maybe I won't like them eventually either. But, for now I LOVE my picture frames. I just bought the cheap-o frames at Walmart, then mixed some black/black-green paint and painted, sanded and top coated them until they looked distressed(which is sort of my thing!) I have ridiculous amounts of pictures of the kids that are in the paper slip they came home in...behind my dresser. So, I am very excited that at least 2 of them are on display now!
Does anyone notice the electric plug in? Yah, I know, its missing the cover. We had my dad help switch out the outlets from that yucky creamy yellow color to dark brown, then had to order in oil rubbed bronze covers. They should be in today, I hope. The ones we have look nice. They match the light fixtures and kitchen hardware. Slow and steady....it feels more and more like 'our home'!!!
As just a funny side note: dad didn't think it necessary to throw the breaker before doing this project...sparks flew twice...and he got shocked 8 times. Might I just add I laughed hysterically each time, until I got a shock of my own! Funny....anyways, love my dad and all his help!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

So cute. What a great mom you are! How are things?