I had to renew my driver's license this week, because I'd mistakingly let it expire at my birthday. A couple of real bonuses...a picture of me, permanently haunting me for the next 8 years. Yes, nothing I love more than a picture of my chubby-nursing self that isn't changeable for 8 years....And then, the woman smiles and says, "So don't forget to renew this on your 41st birthday." WHAT? There is no possible way that I'm approaching 40!
My only consolation in this disaster is that Nate's gonna beat me there! In fact, in two days my handsome husband is 36! Who'da thought? Thank heavens he has more energy than most people twenty years younger...In fact, while he's nearing "middle-age-dom" it cracks me up to hear the young bucks boast his mad skills in basketball still. He is ridiculously fast..and, that isn't something maybe you'd assume looking at him. He IS bald you know, which by very definition must mean old right? HA! I love that he wants to keep up so that he can horse around with Kolbe and Eli in the future. We laugh that the young bucks would be less impressed to watch him walk first thing in the morning after a night of ball....apparently that's when his body gently reminds him he's not 19! Either way I am so grateful we're getting OLD together :)
Kenna has it on her 'checklist' of things to do/accomplish: get married when I'm 19. Very non-chalant. Like, its a normal checklist kinda item. Um...no. I understand now why my parents might have been nervous. That isn't very many years off! Boy did I luck out. Some stupid, inexperienced girl telling her dad 'I'm in love...gonna get married...." after a whopping month of dating. AGH! I lucked out. Pure and simple. Hopefully there are three such young men being prepared for my darling girls...may they get that lucky too.....
Happy Birthday a little early...to my sweet husband!
No comments:
Post a Comment