Sunday, July 1, 2012

What you might miss....

 This is my sweet boy Eli. He's the perfect mix of my stubborness, Nate's unending wildness....my temper, Nate's love of life....my 'stock' and Nate's height. But this boy has melt your heart chocolate eyes. Seriously, every where we've lived he's been the crowd favorite. And sometimes its because some of the antics this kid has pulled are, well, legendary. He's a tough one sometimes. But let me share a secret. I am thankful every. single. day. that Heavenly Father gave this child to ME. Because the days that rain are growing farther and farther in between. And the joy this child gives...well, you just plain are missing out if you don't take the chance to love him! Through being his mom I've been given just a glimpse at my Father's love for me. And an understanding of what it is to love EVERY child. Eli Samuel, you are my handsome prince! When I watch the goodness, the tenderness that you have...the charisma, and ability to charm....you really were blessed with so many beautiful attributes.  So, it breaks my heart to see you step into the shadows. At 6 years old you have already associated the 'spotlight' as something undesired...and I HATE it. When the kids perform with bible camp kids this week, Eli sang along, but in trying not to draw attention by not doing the wild and fun actions, he stood out nonetheless. He refuses to give the scripture and prayer or talk at church for the fear that someone will see him. Seriously? I love this boy...
I will be a better mom. I will teach you how to stand proudly as the son of God that you are. I will GLADLY work to instill a confidence in you. Because I am forever thankful that each night you kiss me goodnight...you ask me to snuggle.
For a 6 year old, your circle of acquaintances is pretty impressive. But there are some that have an opportunity to share in your life....to love you and be loved by you. To know you. To understand you. To share in the joy you bring to our family. Sometimes our greatest blessings are our greatest opportunities for growth.
 I'm grateful for a loving Father who tenderly reminds me of where my greatest joy is found...and has allowed me to be a mom to 5, soon to be 6, beautiful children. This is my life's work. And, if I must say so myself...this one (as are all of them) is PERFECTly mine!!!

No comments: