Friday, September 5, 2014

Seasons of life....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nczw6xHJ0I
I'm hoping you watched the video from Elder Holland. Its my all time favorite. I love this great man.

When I first stumbled onto this Mormon message over a year ago, I was pretty much a wreck. Our little venture with a Russian princess has shaped my life in ways that I would have never imagined. I absolutely invested my heart into that adoption, totally falling in love with her and planning the rest of this life being her mom.
Even typing this I am emotional...its something I don't understand...something my heart will never recover from.
This message from Elder Holland was my go-to....for MONTHS. You keep walking. Don't you give up. Good things to Come.
Sunday afternoon my family was sitting down watching some of the Mormon messages, which are SUCH a good family activity by the way...if you're needing something to do....I scrolled through the various titles and saw this message. So...obviously I felt pulled to watch it.
And the tears just flowed down my face. But for a reason so entirely different than when I needed that message last year. I was impressed with an absolute gratitude for the seasons of this life. Hard times. Good times. Joy. Sorrow. I thought about how different my position is today than it was a year or two ago. And I absolutely acknowledge God's hand in this.
I do not understand my need for that experience, but as we get closer to bringing home our sweet little man I fight my heart not to commit too wholly yet...to hold back...to guard myself against possibilities of hurt. But how can I do this?  I am so eternally grateful that I seem to be on the backside of this particular life experience. Good things are coming.


No comments: