Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rain Rain go Away



Ughghgggg....where is the fall weather that I love? I can't stand rain...for one, the kids think that the tv is their only friend when its yucky outside. So, here they are, doing their thing.
I love how Kenna squeezed in a pose!



Then there's the deck...the most time-consuming over-budget project I've ever done...but doesn't it look good? If you look closely you can see that the water is 'pooling' on the deck...which I'm told is a good thing. I put the first coat of stain on yesterday afternoon and it was just in time for today's rainstorm. Seriously, the HUGEST thank you to my dad...he did so much work on this beast. All that is left is obviously to finish staining it, and put the hand rail along the top and then pressure wash the landing and stairs and stain them. It sounds like alot, but from where we started I think I can see the light...

6 comments:

Elly May said...

Nothing worse than staining the deck right before rain. I think it happens to Mom and Dad everytime they do. I guess you ask for rain when you stain your deck!

Panda said...

looks great!

Romney Family said...

Your deck looks awesome!!! You guys and your dad did a great job!! Gotta love when the kids do crazy things together but it is nice when they have a good time with each other.

Smitty n' Chelle said...

i love the color of your deck. i like how there is a multi tone to it, it looks really pretty. i love the pics of the kids on the swing and kenna is such a cutie. i love how she stuck the pose when watching tv, too cute.

Katie said...

Lookin good girl!!You can indeed see the light! Have a great day!

Melanie Arkoudas said...

I am totally impressed! Great work. I love staining, it's much better than painting...I don't know why