

This is earlier this week when his fingers were healed enough to make an appearance. He sat and picked at her finger tips for quite some time, glad to see them I'm sure! Eli had his check up this morning and of course the doctor was shocked at how fast it has healed. In fact, she said we should/could go without bandaging it if he would tolerate it so that he'd begin to use his hand again. She was trying to encourage him to use it...she asked if she could touch it, to which he furrowed his brows and said, 'NO!' so she quickly poked it and he said "I GOT AN OWIE!!!" Thank goodness for personality! He's loaded...so then she offered him a sticker, of course to that hand and he reached for it with the other. She said to use his hand and he said again, "NO I got an owie!" kind of annoyed, like 'look lady, can't you see I'm wounded?' I was giggling inside. But his hand looks awesome! Still sort of purple and shiny, but she says its going to be perfect...we have to watch so that it isn't hypersensitive, but I think he'll be fine.
Nate had the opportunity to go to a Hutterite funeral this week. I HAD to work, from being gone all last week with Eli, so he went alone. He said it was like a 2 hour service, in German of course. But he talked and talked....and talked about how fascinating it was. We have a dear friend, Sam Whipf(spelling?) that has been so good to our family and his father died this week. Nate loved that he was fed twice...and that when offered a sandwhich he stood to go get it and was ordered to sit. Then the man simply said his wife's name and she hopped up and went to get it. They don't have kitchens in their homes...a bench along the wall and a few cupboards, but all the eating is done in the main hall and so he said that both times he was fed Sam's wife went to the kitchen and then brought food back for him. He thought he could get used to that kind of service...hummmm...not likely to happen!
Avery had a speech evaluation today and it was determined that she needs some therapy to correct a slight disorder...which has a big fancy name, but I don't remember it. She swaps out b and p and some other main sounds. Apparently its not common that a 5 year old would still do this, so it could cause some issues with reading for her! Now, a few years ago I'd be so discouraged...but this is nothing compared to what we did with Kenna! So, its one more thing on the calendar for me!!! But its free, so its totally workable!
We're headed to Fairfield tonight...Nate's got youth conference this weekend and Fairfield's in the big play off for football. I'm not going but Kolbe's super excited! I'll just hang out at mom's where its warm...Go Eagles!!!
5 comments:
That's great that Eli is healing so quickly. That's quite funny that Nate thinks he could get used to his wife serving his every need...yah right...Mike would love it, too! Good luck with everything!
Yea! I am glad his hand is getting better, poor little guy. Have fun in Fairfield this weekend, I know Nels and I are going to go to the championship game in Huntley next weekend. Sounds like things are looking up. I know last winter when Macee had 2 surgeries on her leg and Nels had back surgery in a matter of 2 months, things were a bit crazy. Hopefully this will be all you have for awhile. When it rains it pours! Hang in there!
Hi Julie. I was thinking about you today. I miss getting to be around the local high school sports stuff. Glad to see your kids are doing good. One time we got to go to the New Rockport Colony's school Christmas program and it was the best and so funny. Some of the teens dressed up like us Gentiles for the play...what a surprise.
Hi again. We're at markandjackieday.blogspot.com.
What a blessing that he's healing so fast Julie! He sure looks good! :-)
Katie
Post a Comment