Saturday, January 3, 2009

Save some fun for next week you say?




So I've had it! No more complaining from my husband about the state of my pantry closet. I confess and willingly admit to being slightly OCD with my cupboards. I line everything up perfectly, all the time! But my pantry is where the snacks and cereal are stored and the kids rummage through it almost constantly. So OBVIOUSLY its a mess, most of the time! But this morning Nate grumbled something about being 'so sick of this crappy cupboard' that I decided that I was sick of 'something' too...So I redid all the cupboards in my kitchen...taking things from the downstairs rack up to the kitchen and vice versa. I am personally very happy with the results. I totally de-cluttered the 'crappy pantry' so when he gets home from reffing, I'm sure it will be the first thing he notices! HEheeee!






6 comments:

Melanie Arkoudas said...

Can you come to my house next???? It looks great. And I love that feeling of having something that is cluttered finally organized

Smitty n' Chelle said...

Goofy,
You are seriously full of OCD's! I wonder what that is like because I do not have any whatsoever!!! I hope that you all had a Happy New Year and it was great that you stopped by the house and saw us.

Your HERO,
Smitty

Katie said...

I HATE, HATE, HATE cleaning out the pantry! It's my least favorite job but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it when it's all nice and organized! Congratulations on a job well done. Like Melanie, my house is always open for you to come and organize my kitchen!

Chelle said...

You want to come to my house! My pantry is always a mess! I have to clean it out monthly and yet no one can keep it clean! Maybe when the kids move out :) How was your Christmas. Ours was wonderful. Eric's parents were here and the boys loved having them here. It was snowy and great. My parents left for their mission yesterday, so things have been bitter sweet around here.
When are you guys coming down? I don't know when Eric will get away from work. He is leaving on the
8th and is gone until the 19th. I think I may go crazy.
I know what you mean about it being the last year of believing in Santa...I hope it was not our last year. I think we may have one more year. Robbie is so trusting, which I am thankful for.

Smitty n' Chelle said...

Josh is the same way. He usually has all of our cupboards organized like that and get irritated if they are messed up. He even has to have all the plates, ya know the kid ones that are different colors. He has them all oragonized with the same colors so I like to mess them and the bowl up just to irritate him. Anyway you OCD people need a new hobby JK
It was good to see you , thanks for stopping by. We were just so crowded with poeple we forgot to call anybody over so I am glad you came over dispite our lack of effort. Glad you had a merry Christmas!

AmandaS said...

okay, that is totally OCD, but you have inspired me! Maybe sometime this winter I'll get my cupboards and food storage to look as good as yours!