So, I'm just apologizing up front for those of you who read this....this is SERIOUSLY my journal, and this needs recording.
We had friends for dinner on Friday...they became SUPER thankful we ordered in! I got home from buying groceries just before they got to the house so while we waited I was taking care of the food. I hate grocery day, because it means reorganizing and cleaning the cupboards and fridge. Anyhoooooo......I pulled the bottom drawer of the fridge out to put away the lettuce...and it was swimming in liquid. I am a freak...so I was thinking, great, what's broken and leaking out into my fridge...blah blah...blah. So I pull it out and asked, mostly to myself, 'what the heck is this stuff in my fridge?' Right then Eli comes trotting through the kitchen and he says, "I peed!" My good friends laughed out loud....ALOT! To which Eli replied, 'Twice." Okay, I am a bit afraid of whatever possessed him to do it....and I'm a bit gunshy to eat out of my fridge now. Thank heavens he's cute...because he's banking on it this week!!!
Tonight we were watching American Idol and I was complaining about that one guy's hair, the one who wears more makeup than I do....I said it a few times and Eli grabbed my cheek, and said, 'MOoooommmmm.....look at me. His hair is FINE!" It was funny. Apparently I demand he listen to me alot! (Its making SOME kind of impression:)
Kolbe had a tummy issue this week. I popped by the gas station to get a big pop on the way to school the other morning and he said his stomach hurt, and that maybe he shouldn't go to school today. Um....hum....this kid is a faker so I said, "Do you think you could eat a donut?" Of course he did....so I sent him to school. That night(this is gross) he had super stinky toots....and the next morning too. I was complaining about his 'problem' as I dropped him off for school, and pleaded that he not do it in class, but excuse himself. Last night as I was tucking him in I remembered the 'problem' and asked him if he 'please...didn't toot at school today.' He shrugged and said, 'Don't worry mom, I only tooted 7 or 8 times." Of course I freaked! He acted like, 'relax mom, I handled it' and said, "Mommmmmm.....don't worry, everyone thought it was Landon!" I explained that letting someone take the blame for it was terrible, and he reassured me he didn't say anything about Landon doing it, but that he always does it so people just assumed it was him. Okay, that's better!!!
May I just say that I love my sweet Kolbe. He is a tv-junkie that pesters the heck out of his siblings...and requires being asked 14 times to do something! But that's it...his laundry list of faults! He is hysterically quit whitted, and super sensitive(he's the one that cries at sappy shows)...he's tender, and I love him.
Kenna got 100 points today for AR. For those who don't know, this is a reading program most elementary schools participate in. All books are assigned a point value, and kids have to test on the book, if they pass, they are awarded points. Most books in the classroom are .5 points....so essentially, she's read 200 books this year! She is reading at 3.5 level, which her teacher is really impressed with. All we had to do was tempt her with the idea that the best readers in the class would probably get over a 100 points! So competitive!!!
I have tried really hard to be more involved with the kids...a bit of a guilt complex for tax season! Anways, Miss Avery is loving it! She loves Candyland...and Memory. I just have to make sure that she doesn't draw a picture card that sends her back to the beginning. She likes the idea of beating me...and gloats the whole time. I know, I'm not doing a good job of teaching her about real life... winning, losing...but its so fun!
5 comments:
such a great post! i laughed out loud at least three times! your kids are awesome Julie.
OK...that was so funny. Your house is never dull! It makes me feel better about my own boys!
Hi...I'm Josey's wife. I didn't notice you had posted some questions on my blog awhile ago until just today. Josey coached girls JV basketball this year. It was his first year coaching basketball and he loved it. He's the head track coach this year. Kemmerer is a small town in southwestern WY. It's near Evanston, if you've heard of that. It's about 2 hours from Salt Lake, and we like the location. Where are you guys living? Did you go to high school with Josey? (Were you Julie Schenk?) I forget what he told me. Anyways...sorry this is such a long comment, but it's fun to keep up with people with our blogs. Sounds like you have a fun family!
Hi Julie. I was so glad to read this now that I'm dealing with four kids of my own. I don't have the only hooligans...
Hey lady. This is like finding you twice in one week!!! I saw the link through Crystal's blog and thought...that must be Julie's...and it is. I'm so behind on mine, but if you ever want to check it out it is nildanoel.blogspot.com. That is if you want to read about my oh fantasic fun single life and all the fun I have with other people's kids that I get to send home when Im tired and don't want to deal with them anymore:) JK.
Loved Loved Loved the stories...so funny. Now I'll get to feel like I am in better touch, just reading about the going ons of your life. Love you!
Post a Comment