Monday, July 27, 2009
"Heavenly Father...please HELP me!"
Every single night...every single prayer...this is how Eli starts his prayers. Mostly its my fault, because once he started his prayer "Heavenly Father..." and then peeked at me and said in a funny voice, "please help me!" Of course I giggled, so a habit was forged. And not that he's not more than capable, because he is, but his prayers require quite a bit of prompting. So, I say 'I'm thankful for...." and he fills in the blank, over and over again. Then we do "please bless...." and he fills in the blank. So, imagine our surprise last night when Nate and I knelt beside Eli for another prayer and I said 'please bless....' and he said in a naughty voice, 'HAYWEE'S WEINER!' Well, Haywee is Avery, and she certainly doesn't have a weiner...much less one in need of blessing! So I tried really hard, but I opened my eyes and his eyes were dancing and he was smiling huge...very proud of himself, and then I caught Nate's glance and it was over. We were laughing out loud! I fully realize the importance of reverent prayers, but I also am thankful for the moments that make me appreciate the innocence of life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Haha. Too funny! Kids really do say the darndest things!
How can you not laugh at that! I'm sure God was laughing too. I know he has a sense of humor!
Post a Comment