As a totally unrelated side note, its -24 degrees right now. Without windchill. I don't know that I even have to offer any comments to this. Because it makes me want to swear. So, for your benefits...I'll keep the dirty words locked in my head...and spare you having to repent for reading this stupid blog!
Eli's new phrase is(brace yourself...its all his own:promise) "I should just slap you in the face." So, I've heard it a bit...talked to him, explained its a rotten thing to say...the works. First of all, if you've read any of my posts you know that telling him something is inappropriate is like a personal invitation to Eli. Pretty much a guarantee he's gonna do it, mulitple times. As a parent I don't entirely like this...it scares, and worries me. This is all sidenote. Back to the story.
Because he's often in some mischief or another, I apparently exasperated by his latest...may have said something like, "I feel like duct taping your hands and feet, and strapping you to a chair for a few hours!"
Now, here is where I am learning the valuable lessons that children are able to patch random conversations, comments into a fascinating story. And its guaranteed that this story is destined to be told to someone NOT in your family.
We have a contractor doing some drywall in our ghetto bathroom. Thank heavens he's a friend! He has a little boy close in age to Eli(we'll call him Y), who has at times, come along to play while his dad works. We've not seen the boy for quite some time, so when the Contractor, we'll call him X, was here this was the coversation:
Eli: Where's Y?
X: With his mom.
Eli: Aren't you married?
X: Nope.
Eli: Why?
X: Just didn't work out buddy.
Eli: You wanna know how to make it work out?
X: is chuckling now....uh huh.
Eli: Well, you just slap her in the face. And then, you duct tape her hands and feet, and strap her to a chair.
Our friend was thrilled to learn the secret to our happy marriage. Duct tape and a little slapping!
Eli goes to speech twice a week at the school. Sometimes he likes to pack a little treat for his teacher. Yesterday my mom was taking him because I was in GF all day working and with Nate at doctor stuff. Mom said he packed two litle baggies of hershey kisses, one larger than the other. He indicated the big one was for his teacher. As they got there, mom watched him switch the bags from his pockets...and asked what he was doing. He batted his big, and might I say beautiful, eyes at mom and said, "well, I fink(think) I don't want her to get diabetes!"
I really do love this little boy. I love all my children. They just go through phases where some are easier to post about. Eli's more eventful....but it doesn't mean I love the others any less....or like them any more! :) I'm grateful to have some reasons to smile in this God-forsaken cold!!!
3 comments:
Julie-can I just say you made my night!!!! I laughed until I almost cried. Kids say the funniest things don't they?!!!
Love, love, love that! Those kind of comments are what makes me keep having more kids. They are just so darn funny and keep you hopping! Stay warm in this crazy weather!
that is way too funny! But don't remind me how cold it is there or I might change my mind about moving there!
Post a Comment