Tuesday, April 24, 2012

How He must feel...

I had a little 'aha' moment last night.

After finishing my prayers, and kind of self-criticizing myself for some of the 'repetitious' things in my prayers...I was thinking, seriously...how many times am I going to pray for the same thing for this child? or that child? When will they just get it? Or when will that struggle end?

And then I became very aware that Heavenly Father must feel the same way watching me. I mean, He IS my father...and as His child, it must get old watching me make the same choice/mistake/thought process over and over again. And I'm an adult! And...not once has He yelled at me...or even taken away all my toys because I am a repeat offender! Although, I've lived through some of the consequences of my choices and others' to know I'd rather behave! It just made me grateful for His mercy.

And, as a sidenote: I GET to take away toys and suspend priviledges because as an adult, I'm very aware of the choice/accountability relationship. Its my job to teach it to my children. And dang it...its HARD! Wish I had the secret for that fine line between mercy and accountability figured out...

1 comment:

Mike and Jenn said...

Julie-
So it has been way to long since I've looked at blogs. Congrats on your new addition...this is super exciting news! Keep us updated on your growing family!

Jenn Stoeber