Saturday, April 28, 2012

The root of all evil

They say that money is the root of all evil. Really? Because I can think of a MILLION good things I'd do....if I had it! While I was rocking Landri the other day I was watching the sitcom on TLC called 'The Lottery Changed My Life' and now I can't stop dreaming...I think, I could totally make a great episode! The problem is, I don't actually buy lottery tickets. There's something about it being gambling...and our church is against that. I'm sure people still buy them. And I'm considering it :) because I would totally pay my tithing. Heck, I'd even be generous! Unfortunately, I think our chances of winning it would only slightly improve if I did buy a ticket! I almost even can convince myself that Heavenly Father can hear my silent prayers...and that He might, you know, help me out there.
So what would YOU do with millions? (Seriously, I'm curious?)
Here's what I would do.
I would pay off everything. For us, that's Nate's student loan, a small credit card and this dang house. Oh, then I'd sell the beast. I want to build a house. Not a fancy shmancy one. But, 2 years across from the park has cemented in my mind that the country life would be more my thing. I'd even take a similar laid out house...of course, the celery green bathtub/sinks would be swapped out for something a little more.... neutral...and my kitchen would be shiney! No more unfinished projects...another bathroom...and the most dazzling food storage you can imagine! We'd sell off our high mileage jalopy cars, all 3 of 'em, and buy newer versions. Then we'd pay off some stuff for all our families, which would be pricey since we each have 5 siblings. Of course we'd be responsible and set aside money for college. I'd buy several new sweat pant outfits, cause I'd never need to dress up again. (ok. that is my vision. my husband's probably includes regular showering and makeup for me).
And obviously, I'd adopt :)
See, money is not evil. Just dreaming of it has made me very happy. Its time I could have killed looking at the bills. Or breaking up a fight between the kids. Fixing broken plumbing. And on and on and on. See, money is blessed.

No comments: