If you're a mom, you've been exactly where I've been...
A public place, with a 2 year old. A sassy little sauce drop to boot! So, today when I popped into the chiropractor for a quick second and sat her on the counter top(I know, poor manners...but how else do I contain her?) and she loudly started to claw at her bum and shout out 'MEEEEeee Bummmm, mommy! Me Bum. Is Bwoke.' I'm desperately trying to shush her, and she's having none of it! And in my head I'm thinking, your brother is dead. Because I've heard the 'doctor doctor, my butt's broken' joke he's been saying for days...
I finally decided her possible escape was a better option than her continued pronouncement that her bum was bwoke. When I was changing her diaper a few hours later I noticed a huge hole in the butt of her tights. And she rounds out her huge little eyes at me and very matter of factly says, 'me bum, bwoke, mommy.'
Ah.

No comments:
Post a Comment