Sunday, August 19, 2012

I am glad for many things...many things today!

I wanted to take a quick second and record a few of the highlights of my Garage Sale weekend....

1. My girlfriend Keri donated two little potty-training toilets to my garage sale. During each day this past week when I worked out there sorting things, Landri broke those two things IN. It was funny. I hate those things! I've never used one to potty train because the idea of having 'potty' just sitting around in my kitchen...or living room, pretty much sicks me out. I've always trained my kiddos on the big toilet. So Friday morning about 11 am my girlies Jen Schenk and Heather Drishinski showed up to start arranging the sale outside. It took WAY longer than I thought! And, we were shopped all day too! It was fine; who cares when it sells, just as long as it does, right? My kids were troopers. They played in the garage and backyard all day. Landri was there with us the whole time...It wasn't until about 4 o'clock, and 10 shoppers later...that one of us walked by the rows of kid stuff and noticed Lu had used the potty chair. So...there it sat! GROSS.
2. When the first toilet chair was picked up to be purchased, Lu happened to be standing close by. She tried to fight the lady for it. Nice. Realizing she may have lost that battle, Landri huffed it over to the last potty chair, dropped her britches and sat down. Staking her territory so to speak. Did I mention it was garage sale? With lots of people? My mom saw her and scooped her up, panties around her ankles and all, and carried the very unhappy pottier into the house. Gratefully, both toilets sold....empty.
3. Landri loves other people's clothes. Namely Avery's. And because Avery is the sweetest kid alive...Landri has claimed the right to demand that she strip and give her the outfit she's wearing if, when walking by, she decides that she likes what Avery's wearing. We have discussed this Avery. Yesterday after the movie we needed a few things at Target. I trotted across the parking lot with Landri...as we got to the doors, this little family walked out with a little girl slightly older than her. She happened to be wearing a cute little dress. Landri stopped dead in her tracks and said, 'Ohhhhhh. T-u-ooot dress! I want it!' I started laughing and told her, " Landri, its her dress. She's wearing it. You can't have it." 'WHAAAAAT?' she said. I thought the cute little lady following us in was going to die of laughter. Imagine. Someone told her no!!!?!!!
4. After neglecting my children badly this week, I announced yesterday that we were going to the movies! Perhaps it was really because I wanted to avoid cooking dinner. I'll never tell. Jerry had just walked in the door so he decided to tag along. My children are naughty in the car. Always. And, Jerry feels it is part of his responsibility to parent them.We headed to Taco Hell for dinner. We pulled in and Jerry announced that he'd like to say something. He turned around, and said, "okay guys, we need to behave in here. No fighting and being wild. Its important to us." Perfectly said Jer. Of course Nate and I were chuckling...and the kids were a little less impressed.

No comments: