I have been waiting for this day, perhaps a bit too excitedly, for the last month! About the 2nd week of August my kids kinda tuckered out on summer break and when the pool closed they decided their only option for entertainment became the art of annoying one another. And, it didn't take them long to really hone in on their skills. So it wasn't really a secret that mom was ready for school to begin. I'm eager for routine bedtimes...tired, happy kids. I LOVE time with just Landri. She's either color blind or severely neglected...so, we need a little time together!
This morning started fairly early. That's one perk of the first few weeks of school: its still a novelty and they're excited to go...to wear new clothes forbidden them the last month...play sports and hang out with buddies. So, somehow we managed to have everyone, except Lu, up and showered and ready by 7:15 today. And then began the struggle to keep them contained until 8!
After pictures and morning prayer, Lu lugged her big backpak along as we walked them all to school. We managed to keep up with no one! But, I did find each of them for one quick kiss and hug. Its fun to see them in their element.
When we came home and closed the door Landri asked, "mom, Eli???" . When I told her he was going to school she said, "I cry!" She then laid on the floor and cried. That made me tear up a bit too~ she 'want HOME!' her brothers and sisters! It will be a quiet morning.
And, I'm entirely looking forward to it. My house is spotless..my cars are spotless(well, on the inside) and I have play dough and HGTV. Gonna be a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment