Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Good morning beautiful...

How was my day?

It started very early...Lu climbed in my bed in the middle of the night as she frequently does. And, as she frequently does, she peed my bed. (so, if I die, and you're clearing out my house, and my mattress is more stained than any other in the house...rememeber I mentioned this little detail). So, I got up, stripped the bed and climbed back in with only my comforter around us and turned on the 'toons' to silence her pleading. I don't do well in the early morning. Its a very difficult, dangerous time. And it was barely 6 a.m.
As I'd just gotten myself ready to doze again...she started in with 'cockola milk mommy'....'COCKOLA MILK MOMMMMYYYYY!' So, I stumbled down the stairs and mixed her sippie cup, trudged back up to bed and climbed in beside her...snuggling her in close. All of my kids are snugglers. They get it from me. So, this is one of my favorite parts of the day, even if it happens in the m.o.r.n.i.n.g. Well, Lu is a bit of a horker. She seriously chugged her cup, knocked it back, in no more than 10 seconds. Shocker...shortly thereafer she started shifting around beside me, pushing her tummy out. She climbed out of bed and announced, "I'm-a gonna fwo-up momma. FWO-UP!" So, I jumped up and yelled at her to get in the bathroom...take ONE step onto the tile floor. Nope. As she was shaking her head no at me she made a mess of my carpet. Again: we are talking 6 am folks.
I kinda chuckled and started the shower, pulling her nighty off, and told her to jump in the shower as I cleaned up. I turned my back and got to work, then ran down to throw a load of laundry in. As I peeked in the shower to check on her I was pleased to see her in her pink monkey print panties...soaking off the morning! Avery was equally thrilled when she went to jump in the shower with her, because Lu wasn't getting out any time...to see her cute little chubby monkey panties!
Oh, how I love my kids!
As it got close to 10 am, and she'd been awake for a LONG time already, I put a diaper on her thinking I'd snuggle her to sleep. Which didn't happen, immediately. So, after 3 sippy cups(I'm a bit indulgent today) of cockola milk she proceded to unhook her very wet diaper, drop it at my feet and announce, 'it's nasty mom' and walking off...
It was actually a good morning. I love the little moments that make my life my own!

No comments: