Back to school! Back to school!
Yep, I'm singing it out loud today! My house is beautifully quiet! In a few days I'll miss the chaos that I enjoyed all summer long. But I have to mourn my loss for a few days. And, I don't plan to rush the process!
I love back to school pics. I love that they capture the giant personalities of my crazies. I love that they provide a measurable record of their growth: not just physical growth, but I can see the changes in their confidence, maturity and enthusiasm.
Alright...here they are. Back to school 2013
Lu's version of standing still and smiling nice...
The caboose of this crazy train has more personality than the others before her. I don't know how that's possible, since I don't have a quiet, plain Jane personality kid. But Landri is so much fun...she is a blend of all the others, benefiting and suffering from the tricks of her siblings! Can't imagine my days without her sunshine!
if this isn't my 'Double Trouble' pic....
Love my little sparkplug. If I have one kid that mirror's his daddy's energy and love of life...its Eli. Sure, the kid makes me crazy some days, but so does his dad! Kidding...sort of! Seriously love this little monkey.
Yes, Avery is back to dressing in full fashionista mode. She has a sense of 'fashion' all her own, and I love that it compliments her little happy-going personality. She's a treasure, always happy and easy to please. I love knowing that her teacher will fall in love with her immediately, as she's almost impossible not to love! Grateful she's mine...
Yes, hello sixth grade...and MASCARA. Be still my heart, why must we have to grow up? I love this kid. I could do without a little of her sassiness sometimes, but am also very aware that her little stinky-streak is what allows her to keep her standards. Her conscious(sp?) is so on the surface that it makes me giggle, and her constant reminders of what I need to do, when, make me bonkers. But I love this kid to pieces. She's a mini-me, and in her goals last night she rattled off that she'd like to start for the 7th grade bball team and get straight A's. And...I dare you to hold her back!
My Bo-Bee...
I am entirely looking up at this boy. He just took off this summer and I swear he grows every night. Perhaps placing his bedroom by the food storage room wasn't a good idea, as I'm forever finding chip bags under his bed. I thoroughly enjoyed Kolbe this summer. He has a calm, funny way. He is slightly dingy, like my mom. I look forward to this year with Kolbe...he smugly informed me this morning on our walk to the school that he's 'a big 8th grader....the kings of elementary' this morning. Oh, how I love that they have such cocky swagger already!
my favorite!!!
right where Lu belongs: toted by Kolbe and Kenna
No comments:
Post a Comment