Friday, December 13, 2013

the Golden Corral???


I had to take Kenna to Great Falls yesterday for an orthodontist appointment. We had missed and rescheduled twice, so we were seriously looking forward to a little girl time. And, of course we had Lu. Lu, who screamed and growled and pretty much just made the trip MISERABLE. After I could handle it no more, I started mimicking her horrid sound to answer her every onery request. A few minutes into this(poor Kenna), Landri apparently realized it was painful to listen to. After a quick discussion about how we should be talking/asking for things...there was blessed silence! Kenna shot me a naughty little look of approval! I know....not the 'best parenting' approach,  but SO effective! We got about 3 minutes of happy conversation when Landri very sweetly, in the cutest, calmest, baby girl voice announced, "mommy, I'm reeeaaaaallllly hungry". "Oh," I said, "what would you like to eat today?"

"A lunch buffet."

WHAT??? Seriously, we don't do buffets. We really don't eat out, unless you count the periodic super fast run through the drive through at McDonalds or something. We're hardly in town... Kenna and I were totally impressed with her decisiveness. A lunch buffet. (she didn't get it, but she didn't even remember!) We however, have joked about it a thousand times!

Her little AND GIANT personality are such proof to me of Heavenly Father's love for me and his obvious sense of humor. This kid is power packed-as is her predecessor, Kenna.

Today I was trying to persuade Lu to lay beside me and nap, which she was having none of. I pulled out the old 'tell them a story and rub their back til they fall asleep trick'...and she requested the story of how I picked her in heaven. I may have mentioned this before...but I've done a very irreverent thing by telling my children how I traipsed through Heaven's rooms of precious angels and picked the very finest...for this trait and that trait. And they all believe me, at least until they are a bit older...so when telling Lu today the normal story, I added  the detail that her cute double dimples, on her pudgy little cheeks were proof of heavenly kisses farewell as she left to be my baby...

I love the wonder in her sparkly eyes...and the assured confidence as she nodded and said, 'of course!' Could those little dimples have come from any other source?

Being a mom is my best gig.

No comments: