Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My "small" underestimation!!!


So, life just was too calm apparently, because I just keep ripping things apart. The only problem is I don't really fix anything before moving on. So, here's some pics of my latest and greatest project-the deck. Now, I thought we would demo the old one and have the new support beams up in a matter of a few hours. And, I thought(because all of you who know me know I'm super cheap and had priced this out) that I could do the deck for like 600 in lumber because I wanted to reuse railing and the stairs are for next year's project. So...perhaps I misjudged the project...or maybe my non-hired help is just slow(heee heee dad and jon). But it was a 12 hour job to just do what I envisioned to have been done by lunch time. Oh, and did I mention that the pine was a no- go and so we had to go with redwood...which doubled the deck budget...before I consider that I have to now also replace the railing with redwood to match. So, my deck that I was so proud of doing providently is now WAY over budget. Hope it looks nice when its done! Does anyone want firewood??? We don't exactly know what to do with the old decking that we've heaped along side the house where no one but us and the neighbor can see. Good times huh?

No comments: