Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day

Couldn't leave today without taking a sec to post tribute to the great fathers of my life. First of all, my own father. Love my dad so much. As I've gotten older and experienced different things with my own children I realize how grateful I am for my dad. I know I often thought he was overly strict...HE WAS! But I know that I avoided alot of stupid mistakes because he kept me from it. He taught me to work hard...and I spent many days tearfully learning new things on the court with dad! He says my stubborness did not come from him...but I think just maybe....I have always known my dad loved the church and has an incredible testimony. What a strength he is. There have been many desperate times when I've called him needing advice, or a blessing. Thanks to my dad...I love him so much!
The other obvious tribute is my sweet husband. Love you more with every year. He is the best father to our children...the first thing he does when he gets home is a quick kiss for me, and straight the the floor with the kids for a quick wrestle. Everything he does he does with our family in mind. I love him for honoring his priesthood...I love him for working hard...for being the best husband and best father I know! Love you babe!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Great tribute to your dad and Nate. Sure miss you guys and wish we were heading up your way some time soon.