So, I missed the opportunity to post last night for Kolbe's birthday, because I was still recovering from being nasty sick! What a bummer, but I think he had a good day. Mom and dad came to the rescue and drove in and got a lasagne and cake from SAMS and had a party with the kids. I didn't leave the couch.
Can it be real that he's ten??? I still remember the day I brought him home....to the mortuary! That's where we lived. And I remember the absolute panic that a knock on the door brought...wondering who was bringing what cooties into my home! He was the easiest, happiest baby! And, thankfully, he still requires no special attention. He is happy, confident and such a fun kid. He's getting a bit cocky...but I'm told its part of the growing up thing! I am so thankful I chose him to be mine(that's the story I always told him).
Sweet Kenna is 8 today! Yikes...she was sitting on my bedroom floor at six to open her presents. AGgggh.....since I'd been so sick I really could have slept ALOT longer. Oh well....I love her eagerness. She is the kindest, funnest person. Though there were many times I thought I'd kill her as a toddler, she is 98% perfect now. I'm desperately hoping we don't have to cycle back to that nasty phase as a teenager! She's fun to hang out with and I treasure our quick trips to the store together!
Life is good today. My toilets are clean...my fridge is full...and the kids are quiet. What more could I ask for?
1 comment:
Happy B-day to your kids! I hope you get feeling better...is it contagious? ;0)
Post a Comment