Thursday, June 11, 2009

Oh rats....


its too dark to get a good pic! But I'm WAY excited...this is the fruit of my labors! I've worked my bum off this week, and over the last few to get this project running! I should have taken before and afters, but I didn't! And my 'after' picture is dark, but it works for now! We started with a straight, 3 foot wide flower bed that was trimmed in that ugly red rounded brick stuff. Nate and I chizzled off the sod a few weeks ago and kind of hooked it out on the one end. Then, on Tuesday, to surprise Nate the kids and I hauled rock(shale/sandstone stuff) and broke it, stacked it around the edges to form my flower bed. I've planted TONS of flowers(went WAY over my budget for plants/flowers) but I'm in LOVE LOVE LOVE with it!!! It just makes me happy. We also planted pretty flowers in my other little flower bed...but this side is most impressive! Wish you could really see it....my bleeding hearts are gigantic!!! I also am thrilled that my cheap-self finally gave in and let Nate hire out the spraying of the lawn. I can't believe what its done for our ghetto grass! Its thicker...and all the once lovely dandelions are DEAD. He's trying to use this same rational to convince me to let him buy a new putter....he thinks once I let him do it I'll realize what a good idea it was....hmmmmm....not likely!
Yah...the pics make me sad...I'll take a good one tomorrow!

1 comment:

Its Time to Live said...

Good job on the flower bed. Just happened into your blog, read it and now I'm off somewhere else.