Monday, July 27, 2009

Growing....

I finally gave in and let Nate buy a suburban a few weeks ago! Don't think me weak...I am still the super cheap, hating car payment kind of woman. But, room in the minivan was getting super cramped. Our last camping trip proved to be hugely frustrating with stuff packed around our bodies! So....how in the world will we ever fit baby number 5? Because in a few months, that is what I'm facing! Nate's first words were, 'so I'm getting my suburban!' Whatever!!!! I wanted to wait a little while longer to spread the news, but Nate just informed me he wanted me to POST the news! So here it is.....March 14th 2010, the last addition to our growing family will be coming to earth! (actually I'm hoping its a few weeks before that!)
We've had mixed reviews from the kids. Kenna is stoked! Kolbe said, "I hope its a boy, just like Eli!" To which Avery burst into tears and said, " I don't want you to have a baby! I don't want another Eli!" Okay...he has been sitting on top of her since he was like 9 months old, I can get that! So I prepared the kids that it might be bad news today at the doc appointment and Kenna called probably 10 times during my appointment. Then Avis called and asked 'is the baby alive mom?' When I said it was...she moaned, "ugh...I don't want it to be!" Thankfully this change doesn't come over night and I've got some time to win her over to the idea of having a baby! I love my new doctor...even though he said upfront he'd NOT be inducing me early! Poopy! Either way, Nate's excited for the baby AND the suburban! And...don't tell him, but I love the suburban too. And obviously I'm thrilled about the baby. I get another ultrasound next month to hear the heart beat, since my uterus is so far tipped that you can't hear it til later. And then the next visit is the big ultrasound...the one where I find out what we're having so I can clear out baby junk!!!

11 comments:

Chelle said...

I was wondering when you were going to have another baby! It has been a while for you. We are so excited for you and your family. I am sure the kids will come around, change is always hard for them. Nice car, Eric wants a new one, but I am like you...cheap and have loved not having a payment. I'm not ready for that. Anyhow, congrats again on the baby and the car!

Roe Family said...

congrats on both your new additions!!! Number 5 That so awesome!!!

Melanie Arkoudas said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you guys! How will trek be? ARe you puky? I hope you can keep your lunch down! Avery will warm up to the idea, just tell it may be a little girl one like Miley or Emma? THat might soften her, and once it's here, she'll be in love with it no matter what! Congrats again!

Tana said...

I *knew* it!! Congratulations!!!

Romney Family said...

Congrats on the new vehicle and the new addition!! How exciting for you guys!! That is too funny about Avery!! What a crack up!! Hope you are feeling well and it we great to see you for a few minutes last week!!!

Layne & Crystal said...

Congrats! How exciting! My husband thinks we need a suburban too...but I told him we still have years before we'll need one. :)

Schenk Family said...

OH MY HECK! I am SO excited for you!!

Smitty n' Chelle said...

congrats!!!!!!! that is great. I know you just wanted to be like me and be pregnant with #5 at the same time with me. lol
Avery sounds so much like Addsion!!! What a hoot she is.

Jill Sorhus said...

Yeah!! I'm so excited for you! You will love you're new car especially with the little one. I put it off forever too, but love it now!!! Avery will probably end up loving the baby the most! Good luck on the Trek!

Mike and Jenn said...

Yay!!!! I was wondering what was keeping you!!! And you are right, I should call you or something. Don't hate me for procrastinating. Congrats again...I'm super excited for you.

benandkristi said...

yayayayayayayayayah!!!!! congrats julie!! i am so pumped for you! congrats! congrats! congrats!