




Today marked the end of flag football for Kolbe this year! Yahoo...no more cold days in the wind. We are glad its done, but it was SO fun this year. We are seeing a more competitive Kolbe emerge, which is exciting to Nate and I! He was way more aggressive at chasing down the flags and was surprisingly fast this year! For all those who know him you know how much he resembles my baby brother Brad...in fact we laugh at how he even runs like him. We were all a bit worried that perhaps he'd also inherited Brad's super SLOW speed(sorry Brad), but this year he left uncle Brad in the dust!
Our favorite play was probably last weekend when Kolbe ran about 30 yard down the field, spinning in and out of the defensive kids...the last few yards he'd managed to clear some space so he held the ball above his head and stretched his strides and sort of danced into the end zone! Then he did a monster celebration dance..it was funny, but as a parent...you cringe because it looks bad! So, I watched Nate, who's always on the field because he coaches, march the field to where Kolbe was still celebrating, and send him walking to the sidelines! Kolbe will tell you with a smile that he 'got a little cocky on that one!' I love watching him grow up. He is such a good kid...and I realize that I probably don't focus near enough on how thankful I am for that!!! He is my low-maitenence, beautiful boy!!!
But we're so so so glad its done, because basketball is going fast and furious...3 or 4 nights a week. They had their first game Thursday and won. We have an awesome team this year...and it actually looks like basketball!
I love Nate for his willingness and ability to handle all these crazy kids and coach one sport to the next!
The first pic is of Kolbe and Easton, Kolbe's new BFF!!!!
1 comment:
I know the feeling of being glad to be done! It was so cold here for the last two games I didn't even go with the two younger boys! I was sad to miss the games, how wierd is that? Now we are on to wrestling...the fun of sports never stops!
Post a Comment