Sunday, May 10, 2009
My mom
I feel like I have been blessed, as Nephi, with goodly parents. If I don't thank them enough, I'll do better. I'm glad to have today to celebrate my mom! No one within their right mind has ever had anything bad to say about my mom. How could they? My mother is the most compassionate, selfless, perfect example of service I have ever known. She works ridiculous hours to teach 3rd graders...willingly tutors anyone who straggles behind, even if they aren't her student. She tells the most outstanding tales to the kids of 'slit eyes' and 'saw tooth mountain'. My children love her more than any grandma is loved in this world! They all know her cell number and Kolbe and Kenna race to the phone to call her every morning before school, just to hear her voice. She goes out of her way to know my children individually...and the fact that my children love her so intensely is evidence of the person she is. My mom works to the point of exhaustion, every day. She is the reason I'm addicted to diet coke, and am incredibly fond of YORK mint patties. She is brave. She is constant. She is my dear friend, who I love with my entire heart! I want to be like my mom when I grow up. I want people to think of me as highly as they do her. I want people to recognize that I am Denise's daughter. I have made mistakes, but I hope to make my mother proud. She is the most beautiful mother in the world...love you mom! Happy Mother's Day!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment