Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My kind of pumkin....




Since I have serious issues with strange textures...i.e. raw pumkin...I CAN"T bring myself to carve pumkins. There have been times in the past that Nate will handle it, but even he has become accostomed to the 'mr. potatohead' kind of pumkin! All I have to do is poke a few holes, and we're done.
Probably our favorite halloween tradition is to go 'spooking' as a family. Our goal is to do more than the year before...but last year I was insane and so this year I'm starting over! We have this cute little ghost poem that attatches to treats and you drop and ditch on friends...
It has become our family goal to get the Arkoudas'...they are so dang good...we were sure we'd be sneaky this year but the darn dog got Sam's attention so he found us creeping across the back yard. We are so gonna get em next year...we already have a plan!
The funnest, and most frustrating for Nate and I, part of this is that the kids, especially Kenna, can't be quiet...so when we're hiding she's giggling hysterically. But that's the fun part for her and its funny.
I love fall...its my favorite time of year. I love the colors...the weather...the smells...But, it brings winter, which I hate. So, as I watch the snow flutter right now I'm sad...and cold. And there's nothing I hate more than cold....

4 comments:

Romney Family said...

I love the mr potato head I idea!! that is so cute and creative. I never seen that before!! Way to go on the spooking people. I love doing that!!

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

Yummy! You can come down and Boo us if you want too. The treats and the pumpkins look great!

Jinny and Mick said...

That is an ingenius idea about the pumpkins, I have never heard of that before, but I think we're going to borrow the idea, we've got a bishopbric look-alike pumpkin contest at our ward party, that should be fun!

Julie Pitcher said...

I claim no originality on the pumpkin thing...they're kits our good friends gave us a couple years ago...and I picked up the clown one last year at Target after Halloween for a 1.30! I suppose regular mr. potato head would work though...I don't have one of those! Hopefully Santa gets one for Eli, because he LOVES to take it apart and rearrange!