Thursday, October 16, 2008

Reasons to smile...




It has definitely been 'one of those' weeks...maybe months. But I have really felt more peace and understanding in recent times than before. I am so thankful for the gospel. I NEVER email or blog about church, because it is not in my comfort zone. But I have to just say that I am grateful for the perspective the gospel brings. I read the best blog today of a friend of a friend who has some TERRIBLE challenges and she quoted Elder Holland. I don't know what talk it was, and there were so many great parts, but the overall gist was that the gospel is the way to happiness, and that 'when things are tough you don't jump ship, you hunker down under the oars and ride it out'. I love this gospel.

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't laugh at my kids...I hope they see more of that than the times I'm frustrated by messes made(I know, I'm borderline OCD) or silly mistakes. They are an absolute riot. I also love Nate...He is so calm, maybe that's the wrong word. But he grounds me, because I am easily excited and am apt to react quickly to things. Nate always encourages me to wait and he always says the right thing. I think I did SO awesome when I found him...my ONLY complaints against him are his love of golf and city league basketball! Not bad huh?

Look at the pic of Eli...he got this wood gun, and usually had pants on that he stuck it in. Since he was short britches, he used his diaper. I had the camera, and realized this would pose some difficulty when he tried to remove it. Seriously laughed myself into tears and he 'tenderly' removed the gun from its holster!!! It only happened once...

My Kolbe is always sneaking away to have quiet time in his room, away from the others. He has always like to be on his own. He's a good mix of Nate and I's personalities...I am so thankful that he loves his siblings, and for the most part, loves playing with them nonstop.

Girls are just an experience. They are so different from boys from the moment they arrive. But its a fun balance to the boys, and its fun to see them grow and develop their own interests and personalities. They're so much different from each other, different strengths and all...But each of our children is the perfect fit to our family. I couldn't imagine being short one(or duplicated one!)

All in all...life is good...life is happy!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for posting this Julie. I think we all need a reminder sometimes to count our blessings. I'm going to sit down right now and ponder on that. Have a wonderful week!!

Katie

Romney Family said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony with us. What an example you were a still are to me. You kids sure are cute!!

AmandaS said...

What a great family! I can't believe you have four kids! We are getting sooo old. I'm so glad you found us. It will be great to keep up with your cute family!

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

I think that you and I are a lot alike. I am borderline OCD with messes, I really am not the calm one, Nels is, and his golfing does drive my crazy also. He hasn't played b-ball since his back surgery last January, but he found a new love for golf and goes every chance he can.

It is good to sit back and reflect on how blessed we are with everything we have in our lives!